Everyone is Different
Each individual has different needs, wants and goals when it comes to addiction recovery. Finding the right rehab center is an important part of facing the addiction and coming out of the battle as the victor. Before it is possible to identify the rehab facility that is best for personal goals, it is important to research the options and narrow down the choices to a reasonable number.
Identify the Budget and Personal Concerns
Narrowing down the number of rehab facilities begins with recognizing the facilities that are too expensive or do not meet specific personal needs or concerns. By eliminating the facilities that are not within a personal budget, the research into the programs will not seem overwhelming.
Setting a budget often requires a conversation with a health insurance provider. Many health insurance companies pay for addiction treatment or part of the treatment, which can help reduce the concerns about the financial issue. Find out how much the company will pay and the amount of time that is covered and then determine additional funds that are available.
If the insurance company does not provide coverage for addiction help, then it might be best to look for treatment programs that have a sliding scale or payment options to reduce the burden of financial concerns.
Although financial concerns are a primary consideration to help eliminate programs that are too pricy, other concerns can also eliminate options. The type of concerns can vary based on a personal situation, but might include:
• Medical concerns
• Mental health conditions
• Spiritual concerns
• Specific belief systems
When other concerns arise, it is possible to reduce the number of programs based on those issues. Medical or mental health concerns need particular attention because different facilities have different areas of specialization. If a medical health problem requires special care, then a facility must have the appropriate equipment and medical staff to provide that care.
After narrowing down the choices, the next step of research is possible. Eliminating facilities that do not meet every need and concern will make the process of gathering more information a little easier.
Research the Type of Programs
The best treatment facility for personal goals depends on several factors. Before it is possible to identify the best program or facility, it is important to learn about the options that are available.
A wide range of programs are available. The type of programs can include:
• Long-term residential care: This type of program lasts for roughly six months and offers a wide range of treatments and activities.
• Faith-based programs: A faith-based program focuses on the spiritual side of recovery. There are programs for every religion to allow individuals to lean on a higher power based on personal religious beliefs.
• Outpatient care: An outpatient facility allows drug abusers to get help without actually leaving home. It is often recommended as part of an aftercare program or for those who have not been addicted to drugs for long.
• Inpatient care: Inpatient care is the short-term residential program. The time period for treatment is usually four to six weeks, but it can differ based on the program.
• Holistic healing programs: A holistic treatment center incorporates alternative medicine with traditional treatments to help drug abusers cope with stress, physical pain or other issues that cause drug-seeking behavior.
• Luxury treatment: A luxury facility is a program that provides a luxurious and comfortable environment as well as a wide range of treatments and activities.
The best program depends on personal beliefs, goals and treatment needs. The best way to start the research into different facilities is narrowing down the choices based on personal beliefs. For example, a strong belief in a higher power might make a faith-based program effective, but it is not effective if a personal belief system doubts the existence of a higher power.
Taking time to learn about the different types of programs makes it easier to narrow down the choices based on personal beliefs, goals and interests. It narrows down the options and cuts out programs that will not be effective against a personal cause of addiction.
Learn About the Facility
When the choices are narrowed down based on a budget and the type of program that is most appealing, the last element of research is looking into the particular programs and treatment centers. Each center will have very specific elements that require a little reading to make an educated decision about the best treatment program.
Considerations Important to Choosing the Right Program Include:
• Licenses and Certifications: Every treatment center should have a state license. A certification from the state or a third party will suggest that the facility goes beyond the minimum state standards.
• Professionals: The professional staff members in the treatment center are also a concern. The best treatment centers will include certified counselors, medical physicians and nurses.
• Treatment options: Since addiction is a complicated disease, treating it requires several possible solutions. The best facilities offer several treatment options and gives some information about the approach or philosophies of the program.
• Personalization: The best way to recover from addiction is with a personalized treatment plan. A program should include some personalization that focuses on meeting individual needs and identifying the causes of addiction.
Learning the details about the treatment program, the facility and the professionals eliminates the risk of entering a program that is not appropriate for the situation. Research is not limited to just the basic details about the type of program. It must include details about the specific treatment facility to ensure it is right for individual needs.
Making a Decision
When the research is complete, the final aspect of finding the right rehab facility is making an educated decision. There is not a single right or wrong answer when it comes to selecting a treatment facility. The best program for one individual might not work for another. The final decision is based on the details obtained during research and personal interests.
Taking time to contact the facility and ask questions will help determine if it is appropriate for personal needs or the needs of a loved one. By talking to the staff, it is possible to identify personal feelings about the treatment center. The staff members may or may not make individuals feel comfortable. If something about the treatment facility feels uncomfortable or automatically brings up doubts, then it is better to look elsewhere for treatment. Discomfort means that it will be hard to talk to the counselor or apply the treatment effectively. The best facility comfortables and encourages discussion during counseling sessions.
Every individual has different treatment needs. Giving up an addiction is not easy, but with the help of a professional rehab center that is considerate of individual needs, it is possible to live without drugs. Although a wide range of rehab centers offer treatment, the best program for personal goals or the needs is the one you feel comfortable with.